Old 29-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Fito

Default New to gardening...

"J. Lane" wrote in message
. ca...
Hey Fito,
Welcome to the group. You could can or freeze some of those tomatoes. I
wouldn't move them now but water them often and if you think the plants

are
bearing enough fruit(about 15-20 per plant) pinch off the new flowers so
that the plant can put it's energy toward the fruit.
Re the watermelon. I might consider getting a net and cutting it to fit
around the melons and tie the net to the fence. Don't net them until they
are about half the size they should be before harvest. Probably about the
size of a grapefruit
Good luck,
--
Jayel

A net huh? I was considering pantyhose but if I can get the right material a
net may be the way to go. Ill look into it.

Fito