Old 29-07-2003, 02:32 PM
NJ

Default NJ. How was the pond tour?

"Wendy Kelly Budd" wrote in message
k.net...
How did it work out?

Wendy,

Oh, you remembered! Thanks for your interest!
Well, the water lettuces never did green up; I discovered that I have some
kind of black fly-like characters who seem to be literally sucking the green
out of them. I have decided to leave them to their own devices. Anyway,
the pond tour visitors were very complimentary about our "small space" pond,
and several actually told us that they were told by other people taking the
tour to be certain to stop by ours. No one made any comments about the
yellow water lettuce; there were many comments on the naturalness of the
pond, the water clarity, and the overall design. There ended up being more
than 20 ponds on the tour, all sizes and types. There is a 500$ prize to be
determined by mail-in balloting, but I am sure it will go to a larger, more
showy pond. I didn't get into it for the prize anyway...like most ponders,
I am just proud of my pond, and I really wanted to show people that even a
tiny back yard can have a nice pond.

NJ