Old 29-07-2003, 03:05 PM
FBCS

Default Snakes Alive!

But Rich, how do you know the difference (poisonous or not)? Joann
"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Most snakes are not at the pond for the fish. They love frogs, lizards,
mice, moles, voles, and other critters that are attracted to the bugs that
frequent the pond. Lots of people are afraid of them, but unless they are
one of the poisonous varieties, they are better left alone, to keep the

food
supply down to a number that doesn't draw the poisonous snakes.
--
RichToyBox

"FBCS" wrote in message
Plastic netting works keeping predators out. I put lettuce in the pond

this
morning for the guys to munch on, upon returning from church I saw a

piece
hung up in the lip of the puddle that goes to the lower pond and

proceeded
to stick my hands down under the netting to get it loose. As I stood I

saw
what made me holler for DH. Right where I was pulling the lettuce loose

was
a big black snake caught in my netting (4-5 ft.) He was tangled up real
good. Took DH 30 min to cut him out and get him back in the woods. I

said
axe him, he came for lunch. My DH was compassionate telling me they eat

mice
(my other cringe) we had to try to get him out (as the snake kept trying

bite at him). Will these snakes eat my fish or will they dwell together?
Joann