Old 29-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Weldon Wallick

Default Lowering pH

Hmmmmm, guess I'll start checking the pH of rain water.

I did notice a good drop in pH back when we were getting all that rain
- not much lately - rain that is.

Figured that was from the normal absorbtion of CO2.

You may be nearer one of the "bad" phosphate plants.

On 29 Jul 2003 07:50:17 -0500, "Lee Brouillet"
wrote:

Hey Weldon! Land O' Lakes . . . the rain coming from your direction is
REALLY acid - if it hasn't rained in a while (like during the drought), I've
tested the pH at 4.7! That will really knock the stuffing out of the pond's
pH, especially if you get a couple of inches of it!!

Lee

"Weldon Wallick" wrote in message
.. .
Where might you be near the "phosphate mines"? I'm in Bartow.