Old 29-07-2003, 06:03 PM
nospam

Default Looking for good photos to help identify grass species in my lawn...

http://www.caf.wvu.edu/~forage/libra...ss/content.htm might be useful

"BeamGuy" wrote in message
s.com...
I will admit I'm pretty much a beginner, and I have sinned. I reseeded a

patch of my lawn
with the wrong type grass seed, and now I have a bright, almost lime green

island of stuff
that I would swear is crab-grass in the middle of the rest of my dark

green lawn with tiny
little blades that stand straight up. Assuming grass was grass I used

several bags of
different seed, I'm not even sure which bag contains the offending seed.

I've searched the web, and found some seed companies that have photos, but

those photos
are just a little larger than a postage stamp on my monitor and usually

are taken from about
6 feet up, with no scale... not much help. Is there a good site that has

large photos, close
up, with scales so that I can identify both the culprit and the desired

species?

Thanks...