Old 29-07-2003, 06:22 PM
K30a

Default dragonflies.

Hi Muffin,

There isn't really anything you can do regarding dragonflies. They will either
come or they won't.
You might be able to fish out a few nymphs (watch out they pinch!) but you'll
never get them all.

This is one of the quandaries of pond keeping. We have invaded Mother Nature's
territory and fight as much as we want she *is* going to win in the end.

If you don't have some sort of thinning program going on your fish are
eventually going to reproduce themselves into a severe overstocking problem and
the resulting mess will be painful and deadly for all the fish.

Predators serve a purpose or we'd be neck deep in mice, mosquitoes, frogs,
insects... you name it.
(eek! feeling all creepy crawly after writing that sentence!)

Who knows there could be a dragonfly out there cruising around who is going to
eat the mosquito that was headed for you brimming with West Nile virus.

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/