Old 29-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Can you over-do the Organics?

in article , Bpyboy at
wrote on 7/29/03 6:05 AM:

I was wondering, is it possible to OVER-DO the organics? We have access to
some fresh horse bedding, cattle bedding from a local auction place, a lot of
free stuff from the landfill (all the wood chips and grass and leaf clippings
they pick up in the fall).
I was thinking that we might just till as much of all of it as possible into
the soil. Then let it "rest" for a couple months (or maybe until next
season).

Everything you are doing sounds good. I wish I had such easy access to
organic material without much driving.

On the other hand I am very a happy inorganic grower. I try to use
reasonably pure chemicals without any organic material in it except for
chelates. By inorganic, I mean no carbon bearing compounds at all. I guess
that I would use carbonates, but I do not need them at this time.
I grow hydroponicly.

My biggest problem right now is that my squash is sucking up water and
inorganic nutrients nutrients so fast, that it is difficult to keep up with
it. It is showing in the growth.

Organic is fine, but not necessary.