Old 29-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Hal

Default Alright!!! I see the bottom!

"AngrieWoman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Do I have to choose between dragonflies and fishies? There's not a whole
thick layer of leaves in the bottom, just "some" scattered around the
bottom. Will that be an instant death for my fishies?

Buy some feeder goldfish and put them in the pond. Feeder goldfish
are set aside from the higher quality fish and sold cheap enough to be
fed to other pets that eat fish. If they live you have an
environment suitable for fish, if they die you haven't caused a
disaster or spent a lot of money.

I might warn you about feeder goldfish. They are supposed to be the
culls, separated from the better quality fish, but they can grow on
you like more expensive fish. Don't look down at them and see a
"Dirty Face" or "Shadow" because the name sticks and you will find
yourself searching for these fish every day, by name, to see how they
are doing.

Regards,

Hal