Old 29-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Bruce

Default dead koi/upside down comet info

I have a 700 gal pond with 4 koi around 15" and 4 comets
about 5". Today one of the koi, the one that laid eggs a week
ago and gave the pond ammonia problems was found dead today along
with a barely live bloated upside down comet. The kois intestines were clear
of food/waste and 2 large white "bags" in the body were filled with air.
Also, there was two sacs containing small eggs. I thought she already
laid many eggs, cause she got real thin as soon as the eggs showed up
so I thought that was the one that laid the eggs. The koi is very slimy,
gills are
reddish pink. Anyone have an idea. No outside marks on koi or comet.
Thanks!
Bruce
ammonia is about .25,
also...I turned waterfall off last nite. (leaking waterfall liner)
turned back on today