Old 29-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Russell Eberhardt

Default Catching Snails?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:11:35 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

I intend to cook them, after they have "cleaned themselves" out. Bran
or something?
Anyway, a good snail trap that doesn't poison or drown them? I hear
that they like dark damp areas.

I thought that *slugs* love beer, not snails. For snails, if I recall
correctly, leave orange peels overnight and pick them off in the morning.

Well, here in the South of France, after the rare occasion s when it
rains, all the locals are to be seen wearing wellies and carrying
carrier bags collecting snails. Let them "clean themselves out", what
nonsense - straight onto the BBQ with some garlic butter. Delicious!

Regards,
Russell.