Old 29-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Honeybees sighted! ( Zucchini Problem)

In article %hiVa.47544$AD3.41023@lakeread04, "len"
wrote:

"Phaedrine Stonebridge" wrote in message

And speaking of honeybees, I saw my first three in the wild (unless
there is a nearby beekeeper) the other day on my cleomes--- unless there
is another striped bee. They were a bit aggressive and the weather was
nice. I guess I have become used to bumbling bumblebees. ::having a
tangential attack:: And speaking of bumblebees, there is one of them
who flits over to the hummer feeder each morning when I take it out,
perching himself over one of the "flowers" and completely ignoring me as
I hang up the feeder.

I have been trying to find out what is the latest news in the honeybee
situation but it seems that every related website is dated '96 or '97.
Go figure.

Chatty "Cathy" signing off now.

Cathy, where do you garden? The reason I ask, is because, here in eastern
Va. USA, I have seen very few honeybees, since 1997. At first those who know
were saying that it was a long cold spring, but later it was discovered that
it was mites. Now they are rarer than hens teeth, but this year, I have seen
more.

I know! Here in eastern Missouri, they have been practically
non-existent aside from beekeeper hives since like 96-97. So we were so
surprised to see them. We have seem them every day for the last week.
What a pleasant sight