Old 29-07-2003, 11:03 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Gardening & Energy Conservation

Our county (Harris, Houston) has a subsidence district that all well
permits go through. We paying for all the evil deeds we did pulling out
well water in the past years. Leave it in the ground and recycle your
roof water. Work with nature and not against by depleting the well/water
table.

JK

David J Bockman wrote:
=

Just out of curiousity (and an interest in land use rights) I'm curious=

if
you could point me towards a website or citation that states that one m=

ay
not drill a well on one's property in your city..... thanks,
=

Dave
=

"JNJ" wrote in message
The next large project we are going to do is have a cistern install=

ed
with
filter system. That way, no water from the city need be used. I d=

on't
drink it
now. What the hell is chloramine? Anyway, in Texas where we live, =

we
have
an
average yearly rainfall of 31 inches. It's enough to fill a ten

thousand
gallon
cistern many times. As little as a quarter inch of water can fill =

all
of
my
current 75 gallon rain barrels. The City of Austin sells them for 4=

5
dollars.
They are the ones in the Gardeners Supply Catalog which otherwise c=

ost
130
dollars each. Maybe even a bit more.

I originally wanted to dig a well -- my basement is forever flooding =

from
the ever rising water table so I figured why not? Well, the City is =

why
not -- if city water is available one cannot dig a well. This redire=

cted
my
interests to rainwater.

I already run a water filter on my tap water before drinking or cooki=

ng.
wonder how much more costly it would be to filter rainwater instead.

James

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal