Old 29-07-2003, 11:32 PM
graham

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

Snip

So my prediction that cat leashing was going a FUTURE certainty was
offered too late to be merely alarmist. My sense that such laws would
mainly occur in cities & suburbs but not rural areas was dead wrong, as it
is already a counties-wide & state-wide bans are in effect or pending. It
is estimated that in less than ten years the age of the free-roaming cat
will be over. Since cat-disdain recurs so often in this gardening group,
among people who don't want cats fertilizng their gardens, I assume there
is more support for this than I personally feel. To me it's just one more
of the million little ways every breath any of us take, man or beast, is
criminalized or otherwise regulated by the government. These laws empower
loony animal-haters to harrass even the most responsible pet owners at
risk of fines or having animals carted off & destroyed Snip

We wouldn't need these laws if cat owners were responsible people and kept
their pets under control. We already license dogs so I really don't see
what all the fuss is about. And as for "loony animal haters", I've come
across far more loony cat lovers! They are certainly disease carriers and
I'm sure that these vermin carry a virus which turns otherwise normal human
beings into blithering idiots!

Graham