Old 30-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Salty Thumb

Default weird weed

(paghat) wrote in
news
In article , Doctor
Mendalbaum wrote:

Heidi, this is the aggresive alien plant Hibocrispicus monoria which
is often commonly called "Mexican Fade Vine" and it is extremely
poisonous. Simply sniffing the fumes from the flowers can often
cause vomiting and dizziness. The flowers appear in late summer to
early fall and are often accompanied by a vile odor like that of
rotting eggs. It can grow up to fifty feet per year once established
and the weight of older vines often brings large trees to the ground
during times of significant rainfall. The best solution is to douse
the area around the base of the vine with soy milk as this will kill
the vine but will not harm any other plants. You might have to do
this upwards of twenty times to see results. A fun fact about this
vine is that if you hold your arm still against the vine for many
hours, you will slowly see the vine wrapping around your arm as it
likes warmth.

- Doctor Joseph Mendalbaum

You big fibber. We have Mexican Fade Vines in the bedroom growing all
over our bed; they require only a medium of dustbunnies & an

At least he didn't suggest spraying with muriatic acid. (again?)