Old 30-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Josh

Default 10gal planted tank?

Hey, for your tank I wouldnt even bother with soil, if you can afford
it all you will need is one bag of Seachem's Flourite... (it runs
about 25 bux in LFS and about 15 with shipping online the last time I
checked) Flourite is made for planted aquariums with a very small
rock size for the plants, all I have heard is good reviews from
people on this product and the stuff really does look good in your
aquarium.

And are you considering running any Co2 because there are some
inexpensive co2 systems out there that are made for smaller tanks...

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:44:44 GMT, JuanMa wrote:

Greetings.

My LFS told me that to have a planted tank I need to have the bottom of the
tank with potting soil and gravel on top. If so, how many pounds of soil do
I need to make it at least 1 inch deep of soil and how many pounds of gravel
would I need to make 1 inch deep of gravel? Or should I use more/less?
Should I use sand(non argonite)instead of the gravel?

The tank will have two 36W PC lights, maybe a power head and a HOB filter.

Where can I find a list of livebearers online that are compatible with other
livebearers and that won't grow too large?

Thank You.