Old 30-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Another beginner to Bonsai(help?)

Luke...

I don't claim to be the indoor bonsai expert but I will say it is not a
waste of paper or time when a beginner asks a question. That sounds a
little polarized to me. If I'm wrong or inexperienced the group will
set me and him straight. I think you're splitting hairs here and yes it
is harder to keep an indoor plant/bonsai happy but people do it all the
time without a greenhouse or special lighting. I have great south
facing windows that open for circulation and I have a lake in my back
yard that provides humidity. With that said I also have flourishing
ficus in my office in the city with no open windows and severe
air-conditioning. Regardless of the definition there are indoor bonsai.

My indoor guys do great and have for years. I have more outdoor than
indoor and my indoor spend summers outside. Call them whatever you
want. For simplicity I called them indoor bonsai. I base this on the
few years experience I have with about two dozen plants and some info
from Werner M. Busch's book (Indoor Bonsai for beginners).

I had these trees long before I found this list so I haven't discussed
them with anyone on the list. I just bought them and they are doing
great. I'd love to hear Budi join the discussion and hear his opinions
on these trees. Isn't that what this list is all about? It's
apparently too late for me, assuming that these trees thriving is
anyone's definition of "too late." Maybe Budi can jump in here and set
us both straight on the topic and help out these beginners (like me)
seeking this sort of information.

I agreed with Nina that this is a can or worms...but like Nina I gave it
a whirl and tried to answer someone that was asking for information that
doesn't have a definitive answer.

Thanks Luke...I can't wait to more opinions.

wmcorcor

Luke:
== Waste of paper and time. There are no indoor plants. Period. There
are
== plants that live under what we call "indoor" _conditions_. But
that's
== another matter. Those conditions are't just "a room with a roof, a
== window and a door", but much more.

== Have you discussed this list with, say, Budi Sulistyo? I'm sure he'd
== disagree. Partly at least.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++