Old 30-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Chilean Glory Vine from seed

"K" wrote in
:

I shall try some in a large pot as I've just taken delivery of a
'flower belle' from T & M so they can climb up that for the time
being. Can they stay out for the winter do you know - I imagine they
can if they are well established.

When I posted last year about mine, everyone said they were pretty hardy,
but my young plants perished in a cold greenhouse: presumably not big
enough. Suggest you keep one of your pots inside for insurance for the
first year if you can.

If you've lost some already, I suspect over-watering - they don't seem to
like the wet at all, but are amazingly tolerant of drought and
underpotting.

Victoria