Old 30-07-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default Gardening & Energy Conservation

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:11:27 -0400, "JNJ" wrote:

I originally wanted to dig a well -- my basement is forever flooding from
the ever rising water table so I figured why not? Well, the City is why
not -- if city water is available one cannot dig a well. This redirected my
interests to rainwater.

I already run a water filter on my tap water before drinking or cooking. I
wonder how much more costly it would be to filter rainwater instead.

James

I don't know specific prices for each element, but to have a ten thousand gallon
cistern buried or placed on the property, with the plumbing for house water,
filtration so it's potable, we're looking at around $5,000.00 to $7,000.00.

To filter it, you'd have to call some of the people in your area to find out
how to do that. I don't want well water. There are any number of toxins in it
at any given time. At least with rainwater, it comes from the sky, over the
roof and into the system. Filtering out the sediment from the roof is far
easier than filtering the 70+ toxins found in tap water, on any given day.