Old 30-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default A Quest for Fire...I mean...Potash

Do you have a store that specializes in hydroponics anywhere around where
you live? That's where I found mine. You pay through the nose for it
compared to "regular" garden centers, but if you can't find it cheaply, it
may be better to get it ANYwhere and have it while you're looking for a
"cheap" supply. I think I got a 3 lb. box for $5 or so . . . you only need a
Tbs. per 1,000 gallons, so it's still relatively inexpensive.

Lee

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
I called two more garden centers yesterday. One can order Potash, and the
other may have 2 bags in storage. I have to call back today. I was told by
one that it was difficult to get because it is the prime ingredient in

bombs
used to blow up buildings in Oklahoma. I don't know if that is true, but
living this close to DC, I guess it could make sense. Anyway, still no
potash in hand, and my plants are yellowing.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond