Old 30-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Bonnie

Default Can you identify this tree? (Kawarthas region, north of Peterborough, Ontario)

(Beverly Erlebacher) wrote in message ...
Sounds like a catalpa, although the Kawartha Lakes are far beyond its
natural range. According to Hosie (Native Trees of Canada) they don't
occur here. I've seen a number of large specimens in Toronto, so
perhaps someone planted the ones you saw, and they are hardier than one might expect.

You are absolutely right. I did a search on-line to see some photos,
and this is exactly what it is. Perhaps the cottage owner planted
them.

Thanks so much.