Old 30-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Kay Easton

Default Growing plants from seed: advice?

In article , A.Malhotra
writes

Victoria Clare wrote:

Dunno about nicotiana and calendula, but I find the difficult thing with
cerinthe is to *stop* growing it. It self-seeds very readily.

Great, one less thing to bother about sowing next year.

But remember she's in Cornwall! Sasha in Devon finds they seld seed
easily too. In Leeds I find they self seed easily but the seedlings
don't survive the winter outside.

I love plants that
self seed. Even the millions of teasel seedlings that come up every year
haven't put me off. I actually LIKE weeding...

Oh, so do I! Seeing the plants at all stages of growth, and discovering
new plants all the time.

..the cerinthe are not doing
too well now though, since its got damp again. The slugs seem to like them

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: