Old 30-07-2003, 05:42 PM
John Hines

Default A Quest for Fire...I mean...Potash

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"ajames54" wrote in message
.. .
snip
Since adding Nitrogen can cause an algae bloom I prefer to start
by adding epsom salts (Magnesium Sulphate) at 1 tsp/1000 gallons
then chealated Iron 7% at 1/2 tsp /1000

If this does not help and it looks like I need to add nitrogen I
remove plants and start feeding the fish more they can supply the
nitrogen.

Since I seem to have some difficulty in finding additives in my area, what
are your thoughts on using some standard fertilizers in small quantities?
Dissolved into the pond water? Maybe plant spikes for the pots in question?

I saw a bag of potassium cloride in the water softner salt section of my
local home center.

It is used by people that are sodium sensitive for their water softner.