Old 30-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Shiva

Default Your best and worst rose?

On 29 Jul 2003 16:35:34 -0700, elfa wrote:

This has probably been asked before but I haven't seen it.

No matter, it is a classic!

Circumstances: Zone 7, NC, we are still drowing under record rainfall,
and the gardens here have not been effectively sprayed with fungicide
or insecticide since May 10. (In other words, sprayed once since then
and it rained right after and washed it off.)

Best rose: Don Juan, hands down. Never has missed a beat, covered with
blooms, has bs and insect damage but makes new leaves and bloom so
fast it hardly matters. In a sub-category, of the baby grafteds, Royal
Amethyst has outdone itself. Whereas most of these have just died, it
has thrived and stays in bloom.

Worst rose: Damn, there are so many, it is hard to choose! Granada is
worst at defoliating, (the two ownroots that did not get voled) but
Full Sail must be the all-around suckiest rose in my garden. Good
times or bad, it does not bloom except in early spring and fall. It
does produce little brown horrible balling thrip-eaten things every
now and then, though.