Old 30-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Bpyboy

Default Can you over-do the Organics?

I live in the city (a small one, but inside the city limits) and my garden
these days is on top of an old swimming pool that was filled in. But you would
be amazed at what you can find at the land fill. Ours here just has these
enormous stacks of wood chips, lawn clippings, and stuff like that, and they
even go as far as to re-run it through a chipper into another pile every couple
of months to help it break down and age better. It isn't really "compost" per
se, but really helps the structure. And manure, well, find a freind with a
horse or two, or a friend with rabbits, or whatever. It really is all over the
place, and I think the most the whole thing cost (manure delivered even) was to
drink a couple of cold ones with my friend who brought it over for me, and some
fresh veggies too.

small price to pay!

thanks for the advice
john