Old 30-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Overstocking My Plants

Yes it is possible to overstock plants. This is what plagues people who
raise plants in aquariums.

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
OK, another thread led to this one. As you may well know, my pond has no
filtration other then a VF. My main pond is also heavily planted. The VF
right now is nearly solid, with roots. I have noticed some plants (most
plants) not being as green as they were, and some are down right yellow. I
am now looking to raise the nutrients to help this.

So I ask...is it possible, contrary to popular belief, to overstock with
plants and filter nutrients out faster then the fish can produce them?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond