Old 30-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Jon Maurer

Default Deer - what's the ultimate answer?

Once again this year, one (possible more than one) deer that has made
it's home in our neighborhood had discovered my lillies and other
flowering plants/shrubs and had had a nice meal off the buds and
flowers.

Last year it ate every one of my lilly buds before they flowered; at
least this year most of them had flowered and we'd had weeks of pleasure
from the blooms before they became supper for the deer, but it has also
now eaten all the buds off multiple asters too so I may not see any
color from them this year now.

So, apart from erecting a 6' high electric fence around my entire
property, what is the "never fails" answer to keeping deer away from a
flower-bed but that still allows you to enjoy the pleasure of looking at
the bed directly (I.e. not through chicken-wire, etc,)?

Thanks,

Jon