Old 30-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Spent mushroom soil

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:23:42 -0700,
wrote:

I keep reading about spent mushroom soil here.
Where do you get it?

I get it from local landscaping firms and/or greenhouses.

HOWEVER, we live in Pennsylvania - the mushroom capital of
the USA.

We don't live near the mushroom farming area in southern PA,
but I understand that mushroom farmers will fill a large
truck with the spent soil, and sell it to landscaping firms,
etc. throughout the area.

I doubt if they go to Arizona, though!

If I couldn't get this and needed soil amendments, I'd
probably buy top soil, or compost, or composted manure -
whatever I could find locally. Compost, by preference.

Pat