Old 30-07-2003, 10:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Opinions on filter design/pipework layout etc....

"Iain Miller" wrote in message
Planning my first pond & got to the point of working out how to hook up

the
filters etc......

snip

The only thing I would change about my plumbing is how I routed it. I would
change two things.

1. I got tired of digging and impatient to get my pond filled. So my
plumbing is only a foot or so below ground. If it were deeper, I think it
would be better.

2. My BD enters my VF on one end, and the water exits on the side. When I
decided I wanted to remodel the bottom of the VF, it was a pain to do
anything because moving the liner was difficult. Had I put both pipe in the
same trench, I would have to dig less (See #1) and I would also have been
able to flip the liner all the way back to one end.

My 2 lincolns.

BV.