Old 30-07-2003, 10:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Opinions on filter design/pipework layout etc....

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Your filter system design, sounds like the one BV put in. It is a very

good
design. Do a Google for BV pond design.

snip

water level, so VF is gravity fed. Pump sits in VF at far end from feed
pipe. This pump pushes water back to the pond. I have only cleaned by pump's
intake once so far this year. The bottom, is no more dirty then any area of
my pond so far, with only a 1/4 inch or so of algae/clay. Also keep in mind,
I have not yet installed my diffuser, so my bottom drain is just a 4'' pipe
sticking up about 2 inches from the bottom of the pond.

BV.