Old 30-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Shiva

Default Your best and worst rose?

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:04:08 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

My best? I have to note this caveat - this rose is only 2 months old
(in the ground).

Belami.

You are not the first I've heard rave about this newcomer.

Here's a pictu

http://www3.pbase.com/image/19804079

Hmmm. I thought Belami was a blend. Yours sure looks p-p-p-PINK! Also,
I have an aversion to quilled petals. Strange, I know. But I just
don't like the look.

I know that I'm pretty new to this rose thing and all, and that this
might not be the kind of extraordinary performance that some of you
might be used to, but frankly, I haven't had *any* HT that has come
close to thowing the kind of blooms that this one has in its first
season. There are 29 partially opened to fully opened blooms on the
three bushes and another 7 buds yet to open.

I would call that truly amazing. None of my bare root hts has
performed that well the first year.

P.S. Get another Europeana! I am getting several. Great rose, a fav of
the voles. I'm like Charlie Brown always falling for that football
Lucy holds for him. But for Europeana, it's worth it.