Old 31-07-2003, 01:22 AM
johnrutz

Default Does size matter...when stocking Koi in your pond... :)

Nedra wrote:
I'm ready to be scolded or flamed ... whatever! I just got
my order of KoiZyme from KoiVet. I notice that I have to
know how many gallons of water are in the pond in order to
treat it. ... and here is the problem. My health has taken a
nosedive - I can't do
anything around the pond except water changes and adding
Koi Clay, Amquel etc.
Therefore, doing the testing to see how many gallons of water are
in the pond is not possible.
Can I ball park the dosage of KoiZyme - you know, treat
the pond using 2,000 gallons instead of a real number?
I thought the pond was a 3,000 gallons but now I'm not sure.

Nedra

from Doc Johnson

Q: I currently have a Aeromonas problem, should I increase the Koizyme
dosage and is that safe to do?

A: We strongly recommend that you double the dosage rate if you have a
existing Aeromonas problem. By doubling the dosage rate, you will speed
up the rate that the Koizyme will consume the bad "nutrients" from the
pond water, thus starving out the Aeromonas sooner.

It is almost impossible to overdose with Koizyme. I have dosed my
hospital tank, with 9 Koi in it, at the rate of 200ml (over 6 oz.)/1,000
gallons for a period of three weeks with no affect on the fish or the
biofilter. Also, by increasing the dosage rate during an existing
Aeromonas problem, Koizyme bacteria will displace the Aeromonas bacteria
off the ulcer or infected area of the fish.

You will see the infected area start to "white over" soon after
treatment is started. BUT, let me say this, if the ulcer is in an
advanced state (into the "meat" of the fish), you should treat that fish
with antibiotics because most likely that Aeromonas bacteria has gotten
into it's bloodstream.

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up