Old 31-07-2003, 02:43 AM
animaux

Default Cats should not be spayed/neutered and kept indoors...

Cats are the only animal who chose domestication. It started in Egypt. The
cats would recognize around the huge silo of corn or grain, and that in these
silo's were plenty of mice and rats. Cats came into the situation and adopted
people. No other animal has ever intentionally domesticated like the now named,
common house cat.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:09:29 -0500, "Lynne" wrote:

And don't forget the sparrows that hurt our bluebird population. If my cat
ever made it outdoors to kill a few of these species, I'd consider it poetic
justice, being that domestic cats are sort of "man-made," in a sense.
(I vehemently support the "spay" comment, though.)

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
Which birds?

If you are talking about starlings and house finches, you are nuts.

Those alien invader pests from Europe have bullied out most of the native
bird species and have done far more damage than cats ever could.

J Kolenovsky wrote in message
in order to protect the birds feeding in the garden.
--
J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business