Old 31-07-2003, 05:15 AM
EvelynMcH

Default herb garden

I tried rosemary & cumin but
they didn't germinate. I will definitely try the cumin again. Rosemary
was more a try to see if I would like fresh rosemary better.

Rosemary is very hard to start from seed, like lavender. Trust me, it is well
worth buying a plant, because as much as you like and use the dried herb,
you'll love the fresh one much, much more. I snip sprigs off all the time, not
just for cooking, but to hang in the kitchen as fragrance - it's wonderful.
Plus it is one of those plants that thrives when trimmed regularly.

I started out with a little, single sprig that looked like it would never
amount to anything, and 2 years later, have a nice little shrub that surprised
me with cornflower-blue flowers this past spring. Like thyme and lavender, it's
something I would not do without!

-=epm=-

In matters of truth and justice,
there is no difference between large and small problems,
for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
- Albert Einstein