Old 31-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Arthur

Default Toadstools

The fungus is unlikely to be putting up toadstools during the winter, so you
won't need to worry about that. If you don't have small children to eat
them, why not just leave them?

At the risk of being controversial, sometimes a lawn can look TOO perfect
and unnatural.

- Arthur

"Aileen Howard" wrote in message
Sarah

I would have to mow *every day* to keep them out of sight. They grow to
around 3 inches overnight. Oh, how I wish I could eat them sigh.
(perhaps I could, but I'm not 'ready to go' just yet). At the moment I go
out every morning to pick them and throw them in the bin - won't be much

fun
in the winter, when the grass is wet and soggy:-(

Aileen

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:43:47 +0100, Aileen Howard wrote:
Sorry to be boring, but I asked a while ago about how to get rid of
toadstools from a new lawn. If this has been answered previously, can
someone tell me how to access the archives please?

Just mow reguarly Aileen - that should keep them out of sight. If you
want, you could dig them out by hand carefully, but not worth IMO if you
are mowing.

Sarah