Old 31-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Dee

Default Balckberries where raspberries grew

Do you think it is OK to plant blackberries where we have had raspberries
growing the last 6-7 years?

The raspberries have probably reached there natural life span, we have had
gradually decreasing crops and this year the plants are looking decidedly
unhealthy. Malling jewel I think is the variety and we have fed and mulched
etc every year.

I will dig up and burn the roots of the raspberries and fill the trenches
with compost before planting a thornless blackberry of some kind in the
Autumn.

AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above