Old 31-07-2003, 11:24 AM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Butterfly Bush that doesn't work ???

snip

We now have Butterflies in force, those so far identified from Collins
Complete British Wildlife book are, Peacock, Painted Lady, Red Admiral,
Fritillary (but we don't know which ones because they don't hang around
long enough), AND, we have Bumble Bees and Honey Bees as well.

The question is, has anyone else suddenly got butterflies as well?

Joan and Mike
Isle of Wight

------
GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD :
When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're
down there.

After complaining about a lack of butterflies, in the last couple of weeks
we have had loads.
The most common are Painted Lady, but we have several Red Admiral and
Peacock as well.
Plus the occasional cabbage white.
There are also small 'fast movers' and a lot of moths in the evening.
Loads of bumble bees but the honey bees are still missing.
The most insects we have seen for years.

Dave R
Suffolk Coast