Old 31-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default help identify this flower

It is definitely a Gentiana.

The flowers aren't pure yellow but they aren't blue either.

Gentiana gelida M.Bieberstein, Fl. Taur. Cauc. 1: 196.

The species comes from Turkey. If you can't find it in horticultural
literature, then look in botanical. So, try looking it up in Gentianaceae
for "The Flora of Turkey".

The six parted flowers are unusual. Are they typical for the plant?

EJ wrote in message
k.net...
Bought this flower 2 years ago as a yellow gentian, it is just this

year
blooming and as you can see it's not yellow. Also I can find no listing
anywhere for the name on the label. Can you help me find out what this is

?

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/kntnwd/unkn_flr.html

Thanks,