Old 31-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Frogleg

Default Cross-posting

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:32:04 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

Frogleg wrote

Has anyone else noticed a large number of msgs cross-posted here and
to rec.gardens.edible and to rec.food.cooking and heaven knows where
else recently? I looked up some references and found this:

"...remember that excessive cross-posting is considered bad form
without a good reason, because it multiplies the traffic on the
Internet several times without adding any new content. In the extreme
case, if everybody cross-posted every message to every group, then
every group would look exactly the same!"

My understanding is when a message is crossposted, it's only sent once
and only stored once, althougth that might be implementation dependent.
Where did you find the above quote?

http://livinginternet.com/?u/ua_cross.htm

Just one of many that seemed to answer the question gracefully.