Old 31-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Heydan

Default Deer - what's the ultimate answer?

A less-lethal suggestion - would borrowing a friend's dog for a few days
help?

"Jon Maurer" wrote in message
.. .
OK, so here I was, hoping against hope that somebody might have the
definitive answer to how to keep the deer off my plants, and I get a
firestorm of insults and counter insults about hunting.

For the record, I have considered asking friends who do hunt (I
personally do not) to come help me with my problem and decided against
(at least for now). End of hunting topic.

I'm looking for a NON-LETHAL method right now please - one that causes
the deer not to WANT to come to my flower beds to eat my plants, or one
that causes the deer not to want to stop and eat if they do get there.

We have marigolds in some of our beds (but perhaps not enough or in the
right places?) since we hear that deer don't much care for their scent;
We have used commercial products that are infused with deer repellant
(which obviously have not been completely successful), I have installed
a motion-detecting outside light fitting that illuminates the bed where
the deer seems to like to dine most, etc.

Looking for creative answers/suggestions.

Thanks,

Jon