Old 31-07-2003, 04:11 PM
BK

Default Irritating Neighbour's Water Feature

"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:49:42 +0100, "K" wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
:
: You've all forgotten the lovely odours from the nearby brewery and
: sewageworks. And being a stopping-point for the local icecream van.
:
: Janet.
:
...and the glue factory, soap works and gas works.

and the slaughter house.
the pig battery farm......
the local midden
the leaky silo
Martin

Here's my reality, I'm not making it up, honest.

I created an annoying water feature to block out the following:

Next door neighbour shouting obscenities to her children all
day long, starting 7 am
Other next door neighbour has a noisy shower pump that
rattles our house 6 am
First next door neighbour has an echoey washing machine
that spins all my blood cells when I'm in the garden
Results of a multi-cultural area - 2 houses of South African
students holding all night and following day parties as soon
as it gets hot
2 Carribean neighbours doing the same all year long
Taxis hooting when they arrive rather than knocking at the door,
any time of day or night
2 dogs of unknown residence barking to eachother all night long
Icecream man DOES stop outside our house every day g
Street repairs starting at 8am on a Sunday
Car repair shop drilling or something from 8am to 8pm
Planes overhead (but not too low or frequent, we can always
talk without a problem)
Police helicopters buzzing for half an hour or more, always
when I'm trying to get to sleep. That IS loud.

Lately, my own daughter contributing to the cacophany now
she has moved on from Spice Girls to rock - HELP!

And my cats - I've been able to accomodate all their bad
habits, but I can't bear the sound of frogs screaming when
the cats play with them. I'm usually home, though, and can
rescue them.

I nearly forgot, we have a bagpipe player somewhere, not too
close, and he or she sounds very good.

No unpleasant whiffs, but we do get lots of interesting cooking
smells around here.

Well, my tiny garden is quite a sancturary, I'd go mad without it!

*******
Barbara
Pick out the stones to email me
*******