Old 31-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Tomato Ripening Problem

In article ,
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge said:
The Early Girls are a disappointment. They seem to
like to split and aren't all that pleasant tasting.

One thing about Early Girls as they turn red several days before they
are *really* ripe. So if you pick them when they *look* ready, they
will dissapoint.

That having been said, I replaced the 'Early Girls' with '4th of
July' in my garden. I had tried 'Stupice' which are also nice and
early and tastely, but they tend to green shoulders and give up
producing later in the summer while '4th of July' keeps going.

Ah ha..... I will try leaving them on the vine longer then and, failing
that, we'll look into "4th of July" for next year. Thanks!