Old 31-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default growing GIANT pumpkins

In article ,
"Simon Stenkle" wrote:

I would like some advice on growing a very large pumpkin. I have been told
that I should snip off all the fruit but one. Any other advice?

simon

I have not done this since I was a teen but you can milk-feed a pumpkin
to make it grow huge. I don't remember all the particulars but you have
to make a small incision in the vine and insert a wick that goes into a
container containing the milk. I advise you to look it up on the web
under maybe "milk-fed pumpkins". It works very well but you have to
guard against bacterial or insect infection.