Old 31-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Compost ingredients?

In article ,
Pat Meadows wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:53:41 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

Hmmm, I'm in the market to try one this fall myself and from what
I've read elsewhere one should turn the compose fairly often. How
does one do that if you make a round wire affair as suggested in
this FAQ?

Pull up the wire circle - pull it off the compost. Or
un-hitch it so it's not a circle anymore.

Move the wire circle to a new spot. Fork the compost into
the new spot.

We use a wire fencing circle for compost too, but we just
leave it, all this forking business is too much work - it
will slowly decompose all by itself. Slowly.

Pat

Yep, we do the same. Our piles are slower but have always performed
well over the years.