Old 31-07-2003, 06:04 PM
BenignVanilla

Default question on my pond

"blah" wrote in message
hey k30a ....u didnt answer my ? before thats ok...
heres my current situation:
fairly new..month old 13x12x2feet deep pond.. i have massive amounts of
algea or scum or something building up. i can only view up to about a foot
down. i have about 10% plant coverage, 2 pumps, one is being filtered the
other is for aeration. 2 of the 4 plants i have are producing coverage.the
lily i have only has about 9 or10 pads now..wont seem to grow more...do i
need to buy like 6 containers of lilys? i would like to a way to help
clarify the water. Besides a UV. If needed.. i have 5 large comets. 1 koi,

2
bass, 3 sunnies(large). any ideas?

I suggest some more filter like plants. Your lilies are more ornamental and
won't do much as far as filtration compared to other species. Get some
anacharis, water lettuce, water celery or the mack daddy, Water Hyacinth.
10% of coverage with only 4 plants is probably a bit light on the plant
load.

BV.