Old 31-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Kay Easton

Default Irritating Neighbour's Water Feature

In article , BK
writes

Here's my reality, I'm not making it up, honest.

snip

And my reality:

Retired couple next door with drum kit in the basement (Actually I don't
mind, but some people might)
Church on the other side with daily services and 3 on Sunday
Church bell (note singular - no Plain Bob Minor here) rung up to 50
times before Sunday services
Main A-road in front, with continuous traffic, heavy lorries, concrete
mixers, screaming ambulances, police cars and fire engines
A fair in the park opposite
'Recycling centre' 50 yds as the crow flies
Sewage works sending up interesting smells from the valley below.
Accumulation point for bin bags in front of our front garden, meaning
that, after the local stray dogs have visited, most of it ends up in our
front garden
Neighbours at the bottom of the garden who feel that the phrase 'shut
the **** up you little ******' has a place in child rearing

Very few people are lucky enough *not* to have things in their vicinity
that they'd rather were not there.

But set against the above, there is the large house, the cellars, the
big garden, the open spaces all around, the good schools, the local
community, the friends that my children have in the area, the
supermarket 10 mins away and the garage shop on the corner, the nearby
countryside, the swimming pool within walking distance ...

It'd take a lot to get me to move from here!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: