Old 31-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Banned Herbicides & Pesticides

"anton" wrote in message

sw wrote in message ...
anton wrote:

sw wrote in message ...
anton wrote:

sw wrote in message ...
anton wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote in message
.. .

Is urine poisonous?

Of course- in sufficient quantity. Just like pesticides.

Gosh. I've had gallons and gallons of urine in my body over

sixty
odd
years
and I'm still around. My mum is ninety one.

Amazing.

No- not amazing. You've just proved that it's perfectly safe if
you follow the instructions on the can. Just like

pesticides ;-)

Sorry, but that's not true... organochlorines aren't 'perfectly

safe'
whether you follow the instructions on the tin or not :-/

Sorry, that's not true. PVC is an organochlorine and is
'perfectly safe' unless you start burning it.

PVC is generally regarded as a pesticide, is it?

Which organochlorines in which tins are you suggesting ain't
perfectly safe?

DDT, aldrin, dieldrin... just ask an otter. Or a bird of prey.

OK.

Dear Mr Otter,
Please tell me where you have seen a tin of DDT or aldrin or
dieldrin recently, so that I can check the instructions on the tin.
If like me you can't find any, please let sw know which decade
we're in.

Ah, sarcasm. Traditional refuge of the ill-informed. Tins of these
these (and more besides) are still readily available in parts of Africa
and elsewhere;

and the instructions on the tin are?

May I humbly suggest that you have had your mileage on this one by now?
[Franz Heymann]

the substances themselves are persistent in the
environments of countries in which they were banned.

Yes. Returning to the point, compare and contrast the dangers to the user
of current pesticides when properly used with:
a) previously used pesticides, such as lead arsenate
b) other household chemicals
c) urine

--
Anton