Old 31-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Lynn Boyd

Default [IBC] BT#84 Takagi pot comp wonderings

From Marty:
virtual tree ... virtual pot
Once there was a virtual potter who planted a virtual tree

in a virtual pot.
He fired up the creation to 2300F (virtually,of course).

The pot didn't
crack, the tree didn't lose a leaf. It was a mastepiece of

virtuality. The
entire virtual bonsai community applauded.
The only problem was that there weren't any non-visualists

to visualize the
result.
Marty

--------------------------

Sure, Marty!
I saw an exhibit at Takagi, wondered if Japan had the
bonsaists to fill the "new era" pots displayed. In the past
two years I no longer wonder if there are trees to fit in
those pots. I wonder now if there are pots enough to hold all
the trees.
Check Walter's "Bear" in the gallery. Now, I think it
would have been easier just to virtualize a pot design and
leave the tree alone as Walter wanted it. But - no potter
jumps in to offer a pot design as others do to design a
tree -prune, trim, bend or chop. I think our potters need to
adjust to this change - throw in their vision of the
non-classic tree's needed pot that will give it style unity.
That would not only make that tree individual, but its pot,
also. Potters get by too easily if they just replicate.
) -
Anyone that believes 1/4 of what I say is what I believe
is mistaken.
We have some great potters, wow, they could do it!
Lynn

Lynn Boyd, Oregon, USA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++