Old 01-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Lynn Boyd

Default [IBC] BT#84 Takagi pot comp wonderings

Andy, and others,
How do you feel about this springs "Bonsai InSites" display

at the national
arboretum where selected famous potters were asked to design

a pot for a
tree selected up front as one to be used for each potter. In

other words,
the potter had pictures and measurements of the trees he was

creating the pot for. SNIP
However,Some matched wonderfully to the chosen tree.
Regards,
Dale

-----------------------------

Dale,
I was very interested, too. One thought went
through my mind continually as I kept studying them. I wished
some of them had thought more "organically" then geometricly.
As these newer designed trees seem to have less formality of
shape than classic they appear more organic in nature and the
pot needs to do so, too - for my wish.
In the Takagi exhibit I recall being turned off by some
colorings, where, again, I would prefer they remain earthen
colors- which can still be other than brown, but neutralized
to such terms as sienna, ochre - the natural earthen shades,
just another unity of design with the tree.
Lynn

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++