Old 01-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Ezwin

Default Brian E Long term absence

Essjay001 wrote in message
BrianE wrote:

Hi Steve, Just interested in what you're up to mate. When I read
posts like yours, I feel a twinge of envy as I'm so tied up with
debt/mortgage/business educating kids (no probs there).

Been there done that.

It would be nice to get an occasional report from you.

Do you have a valid addy

My wife and I were in Egypt - Sinai/Red Sea area - and you could see
Saudi across the Gulf of Aqqaba.

I would love to go to Egypt. I have a very good friend Ahmed who helped me
the day the shooting started in Kuwait. I don't mean the wars. He has
invited me to Egypt to his family home. Now I am going to be in the area I
will certainly take him up on the offer.

The region was magical imho

Not so now though! Would you believe I have to get my hair cut before I

go,
and take out my earing. Mind you they said that about Oman.

and I'll certainly be going back albeit just on holiday.

Make sure you do that. I have travelled more in the last 4 years than in

the
25 years I spent accepting the Queen's shilling in the RAF, I can't get
enough of it despite the dangers.

Have a safe trip and stay in touch.

Via con Diaz

Is that the Arabic sister of Cameron Diaz?

Roger

Steve