Old 01-08-2003, 03:23 AM
Anne Lurie

Default dragonflies.

I had trouble believing that larvae of any sort could live more than a few
weeks, so I did a brief google (I mean, I love you guys and all that, but I
could be playing WordRacer, after all!).

Here's a website that might shed some light (or at least, "Lights! Camera!
Action!") on dragonfly mating habits:
http://www2.kenyon.edu/bfec/dragonfly/lifecycle.htm
(think "Kama Sutra" for dragonflies -- or, "Ginger Rogers did everything
Fred Astaire did -- backwards & wearing high heels? Hah! We're going to
switch from the 'tandem position' to the 'wheel position' while we are
flying!")

I must confess to muffin that my two remaining fish are 4-year-old Petsmart
goldfish who probably deserve to go to VT for a commitment ceremony! (Note:
I used to live in VT, a state full of people who have *way* more serious
things to worry about than standing in the way of people who just want a bit
of acknowledgement for their commitment to being responsible citizens with
family values.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I notice there are several posts on here that people WANT to attract

dragon
flies...... from what I have read,, dragonflies are NOT GOOD. the nymphs

can
live over a year & eat fish!

what am I missing???

muffin who found a dead fish..(probably unearthed by the recent storm)..
one that was missing for a while,,, it looked like part of it was chewed
up..... now"I" am freakin' ...(it's always sumpthin')